This position is accountable for coordinating the activities of the senior distribution management team. You will perform a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of key members of the distribution team. It is expected that the applicant has a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism, is able to accept and assume responsibility, and has the ability to interpret and make decisions under pressure and tight timelines.
- Calendar Management – prioritize appointments and proactively
resolving conflicts which can include a recommendation to meet with another Leadership
- Proactively create and maintains effective workflow and communications to accomplish the work of the team which includes the handling of a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Responds to phone, email and in person enquiries – using discretion and fielding communication to organize time effectively.
- Provides support in meetings which the senior distribution team may attend
to record minutes, typing and distributing minutes, drafting agendas in collaboration
with the meeting leader, preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting
dates/times/rooms, contacting participants, and extensive follow-up on items as needed.
- Makes decisions within guidelines in the absence of the senior management such as determining if an issue is urgent or needs to wait for the team members return or can be dealt with by another Leadership Team member.
- Prepares, gathers, and relays confidential information and material on a regular basis.
- Organizes special events as required by the distribution management team which includes planning task force sessions with external and internal stakeholders, arranging quarterlies, sales training and other agenda items.
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements (flights, hotels, car rentals etc) as well as meetings logistics (catering, planning etc).
- Complete special assignments as assigned by Senior Distribution Leadership.
- Reconcile and submits expense claims
- High attention to detail, proactive, proficient organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities that originate from a variety of sources to meet deadline.
- Exceptional standards of professional integrity, customer ethic and proficiency in all aspects of secretarial activity; demonstrated ability to work effectively with confidential and sensitive information is essential
- Effective and exemplary interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Diploma or certificate in office administration from a recognized college or technical school would be an asset. This is an entry level position, so while administrative experience is an asset, we are open to hiring someone who is eager to learn and become a part of a growing technology company.
- Experience with Google Drive is considered an asset.
Vendasta is a software company that believes in local, and is driving local economies. Located downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a online platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 650,000 local businesses thrive and succeed—and we love what we do.