Do you want to help shape the future of Marketplace? www.vendasta.com/marketplace
Through familiarity with open APIs, portals, 3rd Party vendors, fulfillment, webhooks, SSO, payment gateways and other methods of integration, you will continue to innovate our open Marketplace to engage current and new Vendors. With new methods of integrating Vendors, enable our Partners to engage with compelling products and services by the most trusted and engaged Vendors in the industry.
As a Product Manager, you will guide the strategy and execution of the vendor-enabling UI/UX, flows and experience within the Marketplace. You will build features and products from existing ideas, and help to deliver new innovation based iterative experiments/releases through your contact with stakeholders, customers, and prospects. We’re looking for a pace setter with a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time with internal teams, users, and potentially in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader ecosystem.
You’ll represent the Vendor development side of the Marketplace and must be able to communicate and engage all areas of the company. Working alongside the development teams to define, and with the Product Owner to refine product release requirements. You will work with a product marketing specialist to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product vision, go-to-market, target customer and competitive landscape. You will also serve as the subject matter expert and internal and external evangelist for your product and platform offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers
Reports to the Product Manager/Owner for Marketplace.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather key insights, including but not limited to Partners, users, Sales, Success, Support, Digital Agency, and the Executive
- Conduct business and technical strategy, working closely with R&D and tech leads
- Define the problem and scope for a given epic, and present backlog items and key milestones to make up product roadmap
- Facilitate backlog refinement sessions (PBR) with development teams and stakeholders
- Write and edit backlog items in our issue tracking software
- Deeply understands and clearly communicates the business value
- Develop key user goals and funnels to define metrics of success
- Work with development teams to ensure software is built according to the
acceptance criteria defined in the backlog item
- Design, develop, and manage project plans in a complex, dynamic environment
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to make a confident recommendation based on data, customer insight and ongoing stakeholder engagement, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving skills, ensuring trade-offs or alternatives are offered as opposed to (just) bad news
- Possesses strong leadership traits as outlined in Vendasta’s Leadership Principles and motivates a team to be creative about finding a solution
- Software/product management experience
Vendasta is a software company that believes in local, and is driving local economies. Located downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a online platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 650,000 local businesses thrive and succeed—and we love what we do.